Friday, August 14, 2009



Hey Guys! So this is my last week here at the College as a Student Peer Employment Advisor. I obtained a job within my field so I will be jobbing out at the end of the week. I am sad to go but excited to expand my skills and grow in my career. Working in the Career Centre this summer has been a blast, I worked with a great team and did some really cool projects!

Working on campus my three years here at the College has been an experience of a lifetime. It is so convenient to work on campus, your schedule is very flexible, and you work with great people. I would recommend for anyone to get a work study form and work on campus, it will truly be a great opportunity.

For the ones who don’t know what work study is, work study is a part time on campus position. Students who are in a full time program and demonstrate financial need may apply for work study. You can pick up a form in our office, the main office or financial aid. Come into the Career Centre we have a list of 2009-2010 positions you can apply for.

Here are a few sample work study positions:

Office Assistant
Test Invigilator
SAL Lab Assistant
Peer Tutor
Peer Advisor
Campus Recreation Staff

Have a great year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment