Thursday, September 17, 2009

Working on Campus

Hey guys,
My name is Leah Smolders and I am the new Peer Employment Advisor for the Career Centre. Some of you might know who I am, some of you may not. I am here to tell you a bit about what it's like to work on campus and to encourage you to do the same.
I was hired on as the Peer Employment Advisor a couple of weeks before school started and it's been a blast so far. I have been learning so much from how to properly do resumes and how to get your best job search done.
It has been great working at the school because your employers realize school comes first. I work during the day only when I can. If I have a two hour break, like I know manyof you do, I work.
It's nice being able to walk to work; the convenience is great. It's not too many hours but it still allows me some pocket change for the weekends.
It is a great learning experience and I encourage all of you to check out our Work Study Postions.
We are hiring another Peer Employment Advisor here in the Career Centre. Drop in your resume.
Are you needing resume assistance? Come into the Career Centre and we will do our best to help you spice it up.
We have a variety of resources to help with job searches, job interviews, as well as resume critiquing.
Come on in to the Career Centre and see what we have for you!!

Thanks guys, talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment