Friday, November 18, 2011

Fun Facts Friday

Don't make these Resume Mistakes!

The following quotations were taken from resumes and cover letters from all over the country. With all the work and care that goes into writing these documents, it's funny, if unfortunate, when errors slip through to the final draft. Alas, such mistakes make exactly the wrong impression on exactly the wrong people.

  • "Served as assistant sore manager."
  • "Married, eight children. Prefer frequent travel."
  • "Special skills: Experienced with numerous office machines and can make great lattes."
  • "I can play well with others."
  • "Accomplishments: Completed 11 years of high school."
  • "Reason for leaving last job: Pushed aside so the vice president's girlfriend could steal my job."
  • "Previous experience: Self-employed -- a fiasco."
  • "I am quick at typing, about 25 words per minute."
  • "Special Skills: Speak English."
  • "Education: B.A. in Loberal Arts."
  • "Education: College, August 1880 - May 1984."
  • "Work History: Performed brain wave tests, 1879-1981."
  • "Extensive background in public accounting. I can also stand on my head!"
  • "Enclosed is a ruff draft of my resume."
  • "I am a quick leaner, dependable, and motivated."
  • "My salary requirement is $34 per year."
  • "I vow to fulfill the goals of the company as long as I live."
  • "I worked here full-time there."
  • "I am relatively intelligent, obedient, and as loyal as a puppy."
  • "Note: Keep this resume on top of the stack. Use all the others to heat your house."
  • "I don't usually blow my own horn, but in this case, I will go right ahead and do so."
  • "Please disregard the attached resume -- it is terribly out of date."
  • "Here are my qualifications for you to overlook."
  • "I need just enough money to have pizza every night."
To view the original article CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment