Monday, October 19, 2009

New to the Loyalist Career Centre

Hey everyone!

I have been recently hired as the new Peer Employment Adviser and I love everything about it. I have learned so much about portfolios, resumes, cover letters and interviews. As a student, I feel I was really unaware of how much the career centre does and how accessible they are to students. They are available to students all throughout the day and always greet you with a warm welcome. The people in the Career Centre are so approachable and love assisting students with the difficult task of job hunting. Lets face it, it has been getting more and more difficult for students to find a job, even just at Tim Hortons. I myself struggled throughout the summer, and through that have gained some valuable experience and tips on job hunting.
The Career Centre has been vary flexible for working around my school schedules, and I really appreciate it. I suggest the first stop to make before job hunting is the Career Centre. They may not always have a potential job, but you can get valuable information, suggestions, and tips on whatever you may be applying for.
This is a great resource for students that you should not pass up. Even if you think your resume is perfect, it can't hurt to get a second opinion. There will be a resume clinic every Tuesday and Thursday in the cafeteria, so if you are a little nervous to go to the Career Centre, they have made themselves available for one on one's with the students on their turf and time.

Happy Hunting!
Thanks and Talk to you soon
Ada

No comments:

Post a Comment